- Youth ministry is vital to helping teens integrate into the larger intergenerational community of the church.
- Youth ministry resists the status quo, helping a church stay relevant in a changing culture.
- Youth ministry focuses on inviting those who are not already part of the church into the deeper narrative of God's plan for humankind.
- Youth ministry reminds the church that teens are not marginalized members of the body, but are co-creators and conspirators in the divine work of the church, restoring life on earth as it is in heaven. **I think this one is so important!**
- Youth ministry helps the church focus on the way of Jesus, which goes beyond tradition, dogma, and ritual.
Even though Youth Ministry has not been around very long (in the grand scheme of the Church) I believe it is vital and necessary for the future of the church! Barna Research and Youth Specialties discovered that in the past three years, 60% of churches have experienced growth in their Youth Ministries overall attendance and 66% of churches believe that Youth Ministry must be one of their top priorities. God is showing us that the next generation is not the future of the Church but they are the Church... NOW! They are needed!
What are some reasons that you think Youth Ministry is needed in the Church? Comment and let me know!